Tuesday, October 10, 2006

thank you, but...

With positive words of encouragement I have tried to reach out to my husband as an example of good communication. He had done some work over the weekend at home and I told him by a text message that he did a great job. That evening when I went upstairs to my room he responded with a "thank you, but..."

2 times I tried to redirect the conversation to the positive side, yet he continued with the "but..." Going back to the past and dragging up what he doesn't like about the changes about me. The 3rd time I turned the lights off and left him standing with the "but" hanging in the air. I hope he catches on. I will not allow him or anyone to tear me down. That is what those "buts" are to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home